2016年9月2日 星期五

Friday's pick/周五挑 vol. 25 - Laura Kenny

Bom Voyage FB page每逢星期五3pm都會刊登“Friday's pick/周五挑環節,介紹一下本地樂手/樂隊!

Bom Voyage will feature a talented band/singer every Friday on the “Friday’s Pick” column.
Today, we would like to introduce you Laura Kenny, a lovely Scottish singer songwriter!

(BV: Bom Voyage  LK: Laura Kenny)

BV: Could you tell us more about Laura Kenny?
LK: I'm from Glasgow in Scotland.  I play acoustic guitar and write songs.  I love hanging out with my friends and family, and enjoy travelling.  I play regularly at the Wanch and any other music venues/festivals around HK that will have me.  I'm also currently studying for a post-graduate certificate in education.

BV: You moved to Hong Kong in 2007, any reason why? 
LK: I moved to HK in 2007 as I had never been to Asia before and I was keen to explore! I had bounced around Europe previously teaching English and spoke to a family friend who had lived in Asia for 20 years.  He recommended Hong Kong to me so within two weeks I had a job offer and packed my bags.  It was just supposed to be for a year but I liked it so much that I'm still here!























BV: What do you think about the music or indie music scene and audiences in Hong Kong?
LK: I think the music scene in HK is great. There are a lot of seriously talented people in this city who play in all sorts of genres. I recently saw a gig where the band were playing rockabilly songs in Cantonese, it was fantastic. I'd say the music scene for musicians who play original material is also expanding, sometimes you just have to know where to look for it, but that's the great thing about going to gigs and meeting other musicians, you pick up a lot more information the more you get yourself out there and explore.  As for HK audiences - always a lovely bunch of people to play for! ;)

BV: Seems like you have already written a bunch of originals. Are you planning to release your album?
LK: I do have a bunch of originals and I'm in the process of recording and having them mixed.  I have a day job too so nothing happens as quickly as I would like with music projects but I'm hoping to have an EP to share with you by the end of the year!

BV: I love your song “Hong Kong Song.” How do you like Hong Kong?
LK: Thank you for saying.  I love Hong Kong and felt that after 9 years here, it really was time that I wrote a song about it!  I had a few close friends who left the city last year and it got me thinking about what I'd want to remember if the time ever came for me to move on.  And I'm very lucky I had so many things to choose from (I actually had to cut out a few verses haha).


Let's take a look at Laura’s performance of this lovely tune, “Hong Kong Song”



FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/laurakennymusic

Youtube channel: 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtCdGGQje94LDLMlJh3Bvow/videos?view=0&shelf_id=0&sort=dd 


沒有留言:

張貼留言